The Independent Professional Seed Association is pleased to announce the opening of the scholarship period for the 2022/2023 school year. Working with the IPSA Education Committee, the IPSA Board will award ten $2,000 scholarships to students studying in the field of agriculture.
Both high school seniors and active college students majoring in Agriculture are encouraged to apply. The IPSA Board of Directors encourages all members to send this application to customers and friends, your local high school FFA chapters and, 4-H Clubs. We believe this scholarship process is a benefit to all IPSA Member Companies.
After the success of the online application, the IPSA Education Committee has once again worked to make this a smooth process by employing an online application via SurveyMonkey. Send all applicants to this apply here.
Please keep in mind, in addition to the application online, the most recent student transcripts and 2 letters of recommendation must be uploaded for each applicant. PDF is the preferred version.
The IPSA scholarship program was created by the Myron "Ted" Asplin Family to benefit the future of agriculture by supporting and encouraging the education of future ag professionals.
The size and number of awards may vary each year, depending upon fund earnings.
- IPSA considers both high school seniors as well as active college students.
- You must be majoring in an Agriculture related degree to be considered. Non-agriculture major applicants will NOT be considered under any circumstances
- Preference is given to Agronomy and Science related fields (Agronomy, Crop, Soil, Engineering), and Business fields (Agriculture Business, Communications, Economics, Marketing). The IPSA Scholarship Program does not prioritize Animal Science or Pre-Vet Majors.
- Selection will be based on a combination of academic achievement, community and agricultural involvement. All applications will be reviewed by the IPSA Scholarship Awards Committee and the Board of Directors of the Independent Professional Seed Association
- Applications must be completed in full including complete contact information with name, address, email, cell phone. Incomplete applications will be disregarded.
- Social Media handles [if applicable] are required.
- Finalist for the IPSA Scholarships must be available for an online interview with the IPSA Scholarship Awards Committee
This year we have again included an option in the application process for students to indicate interest in internship opportunities with IPSA member companies. Member companies interested in being matched with potential internship applicants should email Todd or Julianne.
Applications are due to IPSA by MARCH 31, and award winners will be announced by June 1.
Scholarship recipients will be required to attend the annual IPSA meeting in January to receive their award. Travel expenses will be covered.